Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Swimming

My head is full with so many thoughts that I can't even grab one to focus on for a post. The three main focuses in my life, work, family and friends, are all one giant crazy ball in my head. I keep trying to untangle it but as soon as I start to work on one knot I realize it's connected to another, and I get lost and confused all over again. It's almost silly to try and make sense of it.

For the past couple weeks I've been trying to work out kinks in those three aspects of my life. It's kind of put me in a negative place where I can't think straight or make good decisions. But after having a nice long chat with myself (and finally getting a good nights sleep) I've come to the conclusions that life really is strange. Not bad, not scary, not horrible and not tragic--just strange. Sometimes the littlest thing can turn out to be the biggest and just when I think that I've figured something out, and that I understand it, time chips away at it and gives me a new perspective that completely changes the original meaning. The craziness and beauty of the confusion makes me laugh a bit. And that's the best part for me. The fact that I'm still able to sit back, do my best to look at the big picture and laugh is what keeps my sane.

And what better defense is there against uncertainty than a little faith and great sense of humor?

NC

Song of the day: You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones

No comments: