Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day Two

I went back up the mountain this morning for the second day of the ski clinic for new volunteers. I had just as much fun today as I did yesterday and I'm looking forward to being up there once a week. The benefit of being able to ski for free on the days that you volunteer is also a great perk and hopefully my skills will improve enough over time that I'll be giggling more than screaming down the mountain.

I met a lot of really nice volunteers this weekend, and quite a few people who are new to Bozeman. It was both interesting and reassuring to hear fellow newbies agree that finding their niche in this town has been a bit difficult. It certainly does help to know I'm not alone, and now that I've met all these cool and wonderful people I can maybe *gasp!* start building a social life. Woohoo!

In the meantime, I'm pooped. Again.

Cheers,
NC

Song of the day: Hey There Deliah by Plain White T's

No comments: