Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Regularly Scheduled Programming...

I know, I know I know--when it comes to being consistent about my blog, I suck. So, as a New Year's Resolution that will start today, I will write on my blog EVERY DAY. So there.

Additionally, I have reopened the blog to comments. So, if you want to say something, go for it!

As a quick catch-up since I last posted, I have been working, working some more and baby-sitting as opposed to dog-sitting for once. The kids were 12 and 14-years-old and I had a great time looking after them. In all honesty, they were easier to take care of than most of the dogs I have been in charge of in the last six months. They were so well behaved that I felt the need to send a brief apology to Cathy, who took care of my brother and I when we were that age. Seriously--she's a saint.

I also had another Nicki Moment, a term my friend Sandra coined. We have a balance board in the marketing department where I work and I thought maybe I could give it a shot. Basically, it's an oval-shaped board that rests on a cylinder. The point is to use it as practice for surfing, snow boarding, or any other such activity that requires a good sense of balance. I, however, do not practice any of the above skills or even possess an ounce of grace, but, IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME. I manged to get the board off the ground while holding onto a chair. Go me! And then, feeling a tad brave/stupid, I let go of the chair and announced to those around me, "hey look everybody! I'm doing it!" And then I promptly lost control of the board, and slammed my body to the ground. Needless to say, I spent most of last week on a heating pad and have become a regular at the chiropractors office while they try to crack me back into shape. Yeah. Good times.

I'm also getting ready to head out of town on Sunday. I have just about everything packed up and all I need to do now is shove it all into the car and head north. I'm hoping to have someone to go along with me but so far there have been no takers. Oh well--more room for my stuff.

NC

Song of the Day: Juicy by Better Than Ezra.

It's just that kind of day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once a day !!! Suppose I don't read until once a week or once a month...your the first blogger that I have commented. I can do the board thing, in fact its old school and your young.

Anonymous said...

Wow look at all the new blooggggging!